The Europa Match Preview Rubin Waiting For

milhouse-dadIn light of the unexpected and unfortunate absence of normal daddy, the kids of Lilywhite’s field trip to scary Russia this afternoon will be under the strict supervision of adoptive parents, Bond and Jordan. Or as I shall now call them, weekday daddy. One would imagine there’ll be little p*ssing about with these two in charge. Unless one of the tenderfooted scamps wishes to feel the full force of their temporary guardian’s shoe.

‘You, laddie. What’s that in yer mooth? Is that gum?’.

Actually, that’s all gone a bit weird.

The truth remains that it’s a big test for those loveable younglins. Thousands of miles away from home against battle-hardened Euro-slickers, without the guidance of their familiar paternal leader. You’d be forgiven for thinking that a couple of extra wise heads would be sent out to Kazan today- to add to that of the likely-to-be-involved Defoe and Pav and nearly-back-from-injury, Billy Gallas. I would guess the chances of any of the big movers being seen in action, though, are somewhere between ‘wafer’ and ‘blue Rizla’ slim. Of course, I could probably do a bit research and find out for certain.

But I don’t wanna.

Looking forward to seeing Tom Carroll again, mind.

Tags: , , ,

24 Responses to The Europa Match Preview Rubin Waiting For

Here’s your provisional squad for tonight: Gomes, Cudicini, Gallas, Bassong, Waller-Lassen, Stewart, Barthram, Livermore, Townsend, Pienaar, Fredericks, Carroll, Nicholson, Parrett, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe, Falque, Kane, Lancaster, Pritchard.

My guess for the lineup? A lot of guys who are not yet capable of participating in Movember. Wa-hey!

Cudicini
    Barthram–Gallas–Bassong–Townsend
    Falque–Livermore–Carroll–Pienaar
    Pavlyuchenko–Defoe

Stand back and look at it…that ain’t half bad really.

2. How far should I stand back?

No, you’re right. It looks more than capable of doing something.

If Falque and Carroll start I might even consider watching it 😉

Originally Posted By- who framed ruel fox?How far should I stand back?

Far enough so that if you squint Pav doesn’t look like Rebrov.

4. avatar Charles says:

Where is Sandro.Is he still playing for Spurs??

5. avatar Ginge1 says:

I enjoy watching the kids play and there’s the likes of Billy G and Bass and JD & Pav Plus whoever plays in goals gives us a pretty experienced spine. Much better than playing all kids and possibly getting mullered!
    COYS!

I was close on the team:

Cudicini, Gallas, Bassong, Livermore, Townsend, Pienaar, Fredericks, Carroll, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe, Falqué

Subs: Gomes, Stewart, Nicholson, Parrett, Kane, Lancaster, Pritchard

Is that a 3-5-2? Crazy like foxes, Joe and Kevin.

Gomes only makes the bench.

He’s going to love that.

Rubin will be T O U G H to beat tonight, so I’m glad there’s a few more senior players in there. Looking forward to seeing young Falqué though!

Think they’re kicking off at five – good job I had the sense to SKY+ it this morning before leaving for work.

Kudos on the predictorising, Mr Longwell, by the way!

This reminds me, I really need to get a bloody DVR.

I’ve been back in the States since June, but somehow it still hasn’t registered that the midweek games aren’t on the telly when I get home from work!

9. avatar RioSpurs says:

Think Billy is being given a (in theory) bit of an easier ride at RB, Bass and JL in the middle and Townsend at LB, like the PAOK game. 4 across the middle and the 2 up front. Joe and Kevin will have been given strict instructions not to re-invent the wheel this evening, an old school 442. Pwopa.

This is poor. We look rubbish and have done nothing this second half.

Gallas off with a knock after just having come back.

Oh, and i’m fairly certain Rubin have a player named Cow-shit.

81 minutes in, and Cudi is head and shoulders our MOTM.

12. avatar cc says:

I forgot the kick off was early so I missed it all. Sounds like I had a lucky escape though.
    I am not too bothered about tonight. So long as we beat Fulham that is the main thing of the week.

Can’t too upset upset that a make shift, youth heavy team, coached by the assistants, travels 2000 miles behind the Iron Curtain and doesn’t nick a result. Beat the Irishers and Greeks–hell; take 4 points–and we’re fine.

Billy limping off displeases us, though.

So Yids and Yidettes, I’m thinking an unchanged side tomorrow. No reason to alter things at the moment.