Time to Move On

frenchcreaturelargeBy the power of Grayskull. We could do with a win here. There’ve been some rather miserable looking clouds drawing in on the followers of Hotspur in recent times and nothing but the recovery of three points will lead us into the light and on our way again. No use lingering on the facts now, but it’s safe to say that the heady mix of a cup exit and a spectacularly disappointing end to the transfer window in the space of two days does not a happy yid make. And with fair reason. But, as Roxette once sung sometime in the eighties: listen to your heart. No, no not that. It’s over now. That’s the one. It’s not about who we did or didn’t sign or what might’ve been had Mr. Levy thrown caution to the wind and pissed away the cost of David Villa on, let’s not kid ourselves, a promising looking former Championship striker; it’s about how many of those blasted points we can pick up between now and May with the mob we’ve got. They might not be a perfect bunch of toe-rags, but goddamit they’re our toe-rags. And we should do our best to get behind them.

For starters, then. It’s Blackburn away. And Modric’s out.

Oh for f*ck’s sake! What’s the bloody point? Just when you think it can’t get any worse. I give up. I literally give up-

-Just kidding. My only hope is that Pavlyuchenko starts and Crouch doesn’t. I’m all for looking for the silver lining and whatnot but if I have to sit through another episode of him blunder about the place like Mr. Magoo at a roller disco, I may have to set fire to my own head. Saying that, he did score twice in this fixture last year so…

Nope. I stick by my original statement.

A win, in any shape or form, will do.

Tags: , , ,

54 Responses to Time to Move On

1. avatar Dave says:

Modric and Bale out…Kranjcar had best be involved for more than 10 minutes

2. avatar elwehbi says:

I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!

Sorry, a bit of nostalgia got the best of me there. It’s sad to think we won’t have little Modders in the mix for a while.I hope Kranjcar gets a chance to go out and prove himself.

COYS!!!

Another far-from-convincing win. Seems to be our M.O. this season.

I’ll take it.

• avatar Aran says:

Granted, the form of late has been patchy, but look at the team we had out today. And I don’t mean the one we had out on the pitch. I mean the one we had out injured!

Today’s missing persons were; Huddlestone, Modric, Bale, Dawson, Pienaar and Hutton. That’s not even counting King. If you just take the ones who would easily have been in our starting 11 we were missing five key players. Going away to a good team like Blackburn and taking a win, even an unconvincing one, under those circumstances, is not to be sniffed at.

If it’s good enough for Man U… 😉

4. avatar SUICIDALspur says:

gotta say did not expect that….well done to the team

Ah you know I love you really, Crouchie. 8)

Who was it who said in the precious thread that they’d be happy with a boring 0-1 to us and being last on match of the Day?

By the way, special mention to our Heurelho Gomes.

Oft maligned, but has to contend with a permanently shifting pair of CB’s in front of him, and, yesterday, was head and shoulders our best player. I don’t know who was MotM, but he’d be my pick. We’d not have got those vital 3 points without him.

Also Gallas, playing through injury and pain and putting on a VERY strong performance. I’m really looking forward to a Gallas/Woodgate pairing, if we can get Woody back to anywhere near his old form.

Defoe was pretty crap yesterday, and I’m beginning to get the ‘ump with Harry putting Lennon out left. I get that Baler’s injured, and Pienaar had concussion, but Lennon is half the player on the left, so in trying to compensate for Bale, we’re weakening our right side too. Surely Niko would be a better option on the left, keeping Lennon on the flank where he does his best work?

Interesting that City seem to be wobbling at the moment.

The fixtures have got them on a tough run of games now, with us having a much better time of it.

I think we can do this.

Saturday, 7 May 2011
      Everton v Man City, 15:00

Saturday, 14 May 2011
      Man City v Stoke, 15:00

Sunday, 22 May 2011
      Bolton v Man City, 16:00

The Prediction League idea a good one. I thought about doing it last year but, er, didn’t.

Let me just have a think of a way of doing it.

Overlooooord!

10. avatar Mark G says:

I wasn’t lucky enough to get to actually see the game last night but I am seriously impressed with the guts that our team seemed to have shown to hang onto a lead for over 90 minutes. I must admit I was more than a bit worried after the Shocker Bassong had against Fulham but by all accounts with Gallas they really put in a top turn.

3 points away from home and hopefully the start of a good run. I have decided to be a glass half full instead of a glass half empty Spurs fan and am going to look for positives instead of picking holes all the time.

Well done Crouchie………………..see, that wasn’t so hard was it

We’re going to beat City to 4th again (see above).

Gomes won us the game last night, he really did. People knock the guy for silly mistakes, but, in the scheme of things, he’s won us far more points than he has lost us.

Bassong was ace, but Gallas was a lion last night; he played himself into the ground, and could barely walk by the games end. He played carrying an injury and got some treatment from Blackburn, as you can imagine. He was hobbling for large periods of the game, but no signals to the bench to take him off, not even so much as a meaningful glance. A true warrior. You’d have been proud, Mark.

I worry that he’s going to be burnt out for Saturday.

Crikey, we could field the lion’s share of a pretty sweet starting eleven from our boys in sick bay.

Hutton–Kaboul–King–Bale
    Modric–Huddlestone–Pienaar

12. avatar kojac says:

yes good win up north yesterday and well done crouch for netting

i think lennon is playing pretty well too and rafa was clever

we are going to need 20/21 wins again so that was 1 down 10 to go,it is always must win at the top

need to put bolton away and exact revenge for the earlier meeting this season,i hope for a comfortable 3-0 now that would be nice

BTW, well done to the lads for hitting 41 points and staving off relegation for another year.