Sandro, Huddlestone and Other News You Already Know About

newsroom3

Afternoon, campers.

A slower week I can’t remember. We’re only half-way through and already I’m tempted to draw a line under it until Saturday afternoon. I think it’s the time of year. The closer we edge to the season’s finale, the quicker I want the ending revealed. Like the curious folk who thumb to the last page of a book, secretly hoping the author may’ve answered everything in one neat, all-embracing sentence. Or just slipped the DVD in the sleeve. You know, whichever’s quicker.

Either way, I think it’s important to be patient. Never wish time away; that’s what I’ve always been told. Stoke might seem like relative eons away at this point, but we’ll get there sure enough.

So what has been happening? Well, amongst all the tumbleweed, quite a bit actually. Away from White Hart Lane, the two clubs carrying the weight of the division, Portsmouth and Hull, have been dealt some gut-wrenching cards. Some more expected than others. No miracles on the South Coast as the F.A yank the tablecloth from under Pompey with dead-eyed accuracy. The expected nine-point penalty has been dished out, leaving them with little to look at but the last few tiny bubbles shooting toward the surface as they go down. They. Are. Oudda here. Elsewhere, the residents of Humberside are looking at a new face today, that of Iain Dowie; an experience I can only compare with unwrapping a box on Christmas morning only to find your long-since dead pet hamster nestled in the bottom.  He replaces Phil Brown at the KC. Nice bloke, decent manager, but hardly the stuff dreams are made of. They probably deserve each other.

At our end, the illusive Sandro, at last, appears to be on his way. I was having serious doubts as to whether the young Brazilian actually existed, or just a figment of the media’s imagination; picking up tip-offs from Football Manager or the back pages of The Beano. I needn’t have worried as a fee looks to have been agreed between Internacional and ourselves- £6.5 million if you trust your sources- and the summer months will see his arrival.

Mucho Buenos.

Meanwhile, the immovable force that is Tom Huddlestone has been given a new contract. Just reward for an extraordinary about-turn in fortunes. This time last year, the only question left unanswered was how much we could convince Aston Villa to part with in ex-change for- what many people believed- a useless lump. Now we’ve got him until 2015 and no-one could argue this to be a bad move. Well done, that man.

That’s it from me.

Roll on Saturday, eh?

26 Responses to Sandro, Huddlestone and Other News You Already Know About

1. Yo Fox,

If Sandy is indeed coming and Levy’s “sell to buy” order is still on, then someone needs to go before money changes hands. The smart–or hopeful–money would be on JJ, but I’m not so sure. We would need 4 CM’s for next year, so unless Harry is bring Jamie back or willing to promote a youngster, we may be in for another year of skirt lifting from Jenas.

• avatar who framed ruel fox? says:

Good afternoon from Eng-er-land, SSG.

I think it depends how this season finishes. If we make the CL or at worst, the Europa, we’ll need more CM cover than we already have. Perhaps not quantity, but rather quality. In that sense I don’t think either JOH or JJ are up to speed. They’re squad players at best, but I don’t see any of them willing to take that role.

The ungrateful bastards.

Out with the chuff.

• Oh, we agree on their “quality” completely, although I think Jamie could be useful to have around. But by some kind of Jedi Mind Trick, Jenas is considered an established PL player and they aren’t so easy to get. If the rotation is to be Sarge & Thudd starting and Sandy getting some time while he adapts, we still need proven cover at CM.

God help us, but that could be JJ 🙁

Of course, he could kick up a fuss and demand a move, but where would he go? Would he want to toil for Sunderland or the Brum? He seems to have settled in London and I’m sure that dead-eyed WAG of his likes the bright lights.

There’s always Fulham, I guess.

2. avatar JamieSpurs says:

Every game from here on in is a veritable rollercoaster, I’d liken it to the big ‘Big Dipper’!

As each kick of rolls around I find myself at the top of the infamous ‘dip’ wondering wether to holler with excitement and daring or shit myself through fear.

Tottenham does that to you after a while but the final furlong of this season just seems to be the stuff of ‘Cliffhanger’ proportions.

I erased the hurt of ‘lasagnate’ from my mind as the torment was too much to bare. This time round however, something feels different. We’re a totally different animal than we were under Jol and there seems to be a certain amount of resiliance about us these days that leads me to believe that we may finally reach the Holy Grail of Champions League football and achieve something that we’ve been striving to do for years.

Make no mistake, Stoke away will be a difficult game but one we are capable of winning. We’ve been to Hull, Blackburn & Wigan this year and won, we’ve got a draw at Bolton and should have beaten Everton so travelling far from home shouldn’t phase us at Stoke.

They won’t make it easy but we have to start well and try to get an early goal, Seb & Daws must stay strong, Gomes must communicate and form a plan of attack for the trebuchet throws of Delap and most importantly we need to play OUR OWN style of football and not get drawn into Stoke’s game. Hate to say it but Arsenal showed that you CAN pass the ball around the Stoke giants and win the game. We need to stick to that philosophy and make sure we tighten our grip on 4th.

COYS.

• avatar who framed ruel fox? says:

Now this I Iike. 🙂

• avatar Spiritual Advisor says:

I think it’s worth mentioning here that having moved into a patch of clement weather pitches across the land will continue to improve suiting our style of football, this should give us the edge over teams where we can inflict on them our incisive passing style of play. Previously during the winter of our discontent game style seemed to be “hack the ball over the ploughed field to 3MP in the vague hope he’s learnt to use his head,” hopefully this atrocious style of play should now be negated.

3. I’m starting to think that a hell for leather approach is needed in the next 3 games. I’m not just talking about waves of attacking prowess, I mean harassing the ref, sneaky fouls, diving in the box, Davspurs’ energy drinks, leg breaker tackles, and inflicting knife wounds on corners.

Win the next 3, we need 7 points from our last 6 games to reach the point total Harry reckons we need for 4th.

4. avatar JamieSpurs says:

Rousing words from the oh so beautiful Niko Krancjar……..

I was just thinking…….. It won’t suprise me one tiny bit to see Crouch in the starting 11 against Stoke. Not only will he be VERY useful when defending against throw ins and set pieces but he’ll also give us some height when we attack.With Bale on the left he should get a decent amount of crosses come his way aswell.

Start with Crouch then bring on the Russian with 25/20mins to go and let him get on and grab his customary brace of goals in the closing stages a la wigan.

I actually think I’d prefer to see Crouch start this game ahead of Pav.It just doesn’t look like a game that was made for Pav to start in IMO and I feel my reasons kind of vindicate that view.

5. avatar Spiritual Advisor says:

Couldn’t help noticing that the Killer Patient Escapes from Hospital article in the top right bares a resemblance to l’Arse’s Eduardo 🙂

6. avatar JamieSpurs says:

Just gets worse for Terry and better for everyone that thinks he’s a cunt…….

It hasn’t worked when we played Crouch before so why drop Pavlyuchenko when it’s going so well.
    Stoke are just another average team who are having a decent season.
    They’ve got a player with a long throw and an average to very average home record.
    Lets just go there, play football with whatever squad is available and win it.
    No need for panic and re-arranging a very successful side, dropping an eight goals in six games man for an inferior player who happens to be very tall.
    In other words ‘Don’t panic’

8. avatar العاب says:

After I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I get 4 emails with the same comment. Is there any method you may remove me from that service? Thanks!

9. I have to express some thanks to the writer just for bailing me out of this particular problem. Right after searching throughout the search engines and meeting concepts which were not productive, I was thinking my life was done. Existing without the answers to the problems you have solved as a result of your review is a serious case, as well as the kind which might have adversely affected my entire career if I hadn’t noticed your web site. Your personal competence and kindness in taking care of all areas was helpful. I’m not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t come across such a subject like this. I’m able to at this point look ahead to my future. Thanks a lot very much for your professional and sensible help. I will not hesitate to propose your site to anyone who requires counselling about this issue.